Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thai martial art

After an enjoyable seminar with Pak Herman, we were sitting around chatting and nursing our sore legs. My girlfriend at the time had driven her jeep into the parking lot and I noticed her outside, and tried to wave her in. She shook her head, and motioned for me to hurry up and get out there. Pak Herman, with Ibu Shannon, asked me if that was my girlfriend. I said yes it was, and he asked if he could meet her. I ran in an tried to pursuade her to come in, but she refused claiming she was in a hurry and what not. The truth is, she was always a little timid around the gym and didn't feel comfortable. I went in and told Pak Herman that she was shy and wouldn't come in. He shook his head and while smiling said. "If you train together, you stay together".

Sure enough, shortly after we broke-up, and now I am living happlily with my current girlfriend, in the midst of a six month trip for both of us to train and fight in Thailand.

I wonder if anyone else has had any experiences like this. Pak Herman was such a pleasant person, and had quite a "way" about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment